Monday, June 15, 2009

A few past cakes

Hi all! I thought I would put a few past cakes on here since this blog started after I had made 5 or 6 cakes. Here they are...it's fun to see the progression...as I learn, I'm tackling harder things...It's SO fun! :)

This was my second fondant cake...a baby shower cake for a friend. I made the mobile out of jewlery wire! I should have added some flesh color to the baby's skin...she looks a little pale! :)
A sushi cake for my brother in law. The sushi is rice krispie treats wrapped in black fondant. I made the little rice and avacado/crab from fondant. I hand painted the cake brown/wood grain...that was fun!

I think this tea pot was my fourth cake...and for my daughter's 4th birthday party. It was my first sculptured one.

I made this one right after the tea pot...obviously a birthday cake for a fellow Lost lover! :) I had a template and cut out the design in the fondant and then poured melted chocolate into the design. I could have flooded it with black royal icing to get a really smooth surface, but it wouldn't have tasted as good! :)

And dice cake for a game night!! Brownies with buttercream...YUM! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey I love all your cakes! When you say that it's brownies, is it an actual brownie recipe that you use for the cake?
    Thanks!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! It's brownies, layered up in a cake! YUM!

    ReplyDelete