Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cake Recipe Converter - The CakeOmeter

I just found the coolest conversion calculator!  It's called "The CakeOmeter"!
You can use it to convert recipes!  Let's say you have a recipe for an 8" cake, but you need to bake a 10" cake.  What do you do???  You click on The CakeOmeter!  

You simply type in the ingredients, what size cake pan the recipe is intended for, then what size cake tin you want to bake in and it converts your recipe for you!!  
No worries...no calculators...no brain freezes...no head aches!!  

I had to share!  I've just been making stuff up and putting it in the converter for fun...yes...it's after midnight and I should be in bed! - but it's SO stink'n cool!!

Click here for The CakeOmeter! :) - and have fun converting!


11 comments:

  1. Aww WOW!! That is so cool, thanks ever so much for sharing Hunni! Will make life a lot easier. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I need! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so cool. Thanks a million Jessi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will definitely come in handy! I have to check it out. Love your cakes by the way! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing...will be a great help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Its like finding golden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link! A tip on what I've always done, I use an online cylinder volume calculator, then find out the cubic inch yield I need for my pan, then I know how much I need to increase the recipe by based on the cubic inch yield of the original recipe (multiplication... math bleh). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this... this makes things so much easier! :) all of your tutorials are great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jessica (from the guys at Cakebaker). Thought you might like to know that the app has been released today. You'll find it on the app store under CakeOmeter - for iphone/ipad/ipod. Android version to follow soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get the "Page not found" error message. Must be an old link :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an app now so you'll have to buy it. Sorry!! :(

      Delete