Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm an official Craftsy Instructor...as of NOW! :)

Yippie!!  

Now you can all see what I've been working on these past 4 months in secret!!  I can tell the world!  I am apart of Craftsy and an amazing group of talented and wonderful cake designers!!

You can log on to take the class ANY time.  If you decide to buy it today, tomorrow, next month or next year, I'd love to have you come back here and use this link (see below) to purchase the class.  I get a little love from Craftsy...so, mama can get some new boots! :) LOL!

Log in after you click HERE

If you want to pass out my special link and share it on facebook or your blogs, here it is for your copy'ing and pasting needs: www.craftsy.com/cakedesign

Incase you are not familiar with Craftsy or want to know how it works, you create an account with a user name and password.  Then, you add the classes to your shopping cart...just like you're buying a movie.  At that point you'll pay for it and it'll be apart of your account.  The class remains in your account forever!  You can watch it a hundred times.  You can watch it today, then not watch it for a year and it'll still be there.  You can skip ahead, pause, leave video notes, watch only the lessons you're interested in and more.  It's a pretty amazing program and website!

Now, I want to share with you what the cakes look like that will be apart of the class!!  I'm going to do a separate blog post to chat about each one, but for this post, I also wanted for you to see what the cakes look like...what you will be able to make when you're done!  


Cake #1: My infamous offset chevron cake that I've modeled my logo after.  This design represents my style beautifully!  Clean, graphic and sassy! :)  I show you how to create the flower and give you all the templates and an entire lesson to creating this graphic on a cake.  This is the first way you use the wax paper transfer technique I showcase in my class.


 Cake #2: Ruffles and Stripes
This is the second way I teach how to use the wax paper transfer technique.  You use it to create beautiful, clean horizontal stripes of any type.  So, from chevron zig-zags, to straight horizontal stripes, to wavy stripes and more, I share with you how to get those hard horizontal graphics onto your cake without your fondant tearing, bending or stretching!!  I also show you how to create this stylized ruffle and give you the templates for that too!  This ruffle design is SO versatile and can be used with so many other designs.

Cake #3: Vintage Stripes
I didn't have the right pedestal at home for this cake, so I'm using the Craftsy picture to show you this sweet cake!  I love that you can totally personalize this cake to ANY party or person!  I'll show you my ideas on how amazing this cake could be for your parties in the post I have coming up on it.  Stay tuned!   
Now, this stripe would normally be SO difficult and time consuming to pull off...but with my template and the wax paper transfer technique it can be done in less than 20 minutes!!! - start to finish up and on your cake!!
 Cake #4: Extruded ropes and ruffles
I love this cake!!  I used the ruffles again because I didn't have time to teach another design during the class and it works beautifully with the extruded rope design I teach in the class.  Yes...that's extruded fondant!! - NOT piping!!  I cannot pipe to save my life, but love that look!!  You can do any kind of complex extruded design using the wax paper transfer technique (I'm going to call it WPTT to save my typing).  I'll give you the templates and walk you through exactly how you do it!  No royal icing, no piping, no buttercream!  Easy peeeesy! :)

That's it for the cakes!  I also show you how to make marshmallow fondant, modeling chocolate, how to crumb coat a round cake with buttercream, a square cake with ganache, how to cover them both in fondant and get super sharp top edges.  I also have the templates and show you how to make my signature flower and bow.  It's full of info!!  I can't wait to share!  No matter if you've only made one cake or you've been making fondant cakes for decades, you WILL learn something new that will change the way you design and decorate your cakes!!

So, to head on over to Craftsy and get 50% off my class by clicking HERE and get ready to learn! :)  And, make sure you come back here and let me know what you think!!  


Thank you again for helping me get the word out and for all your support, encouragement, blessings and prayers!!  I LOVE you guys and am so thankful for this amazing cake community of wonderful people I am privileged to be apart of!!

Happy Caking! :)

36 comments:

  1. i have paid for your class at craftsy after following the link from your blog but i am not showing as "enrolled" for your class. pls help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! :) Thanks for enrolling in it...but I'm sorry it's not working! :( I have no idea what could be wrong...If you created a user account and paid and everything it should work. It might be so new that it's just not working quite yet. Try emailing customer service: guarantee@sympoz.com Or, try waiting another hour or two and try again?! I'm so sorry...I'm not technically efficient on that! :(

      Delete
    2. hi Jessica! i have paid again and now i can view the class! i hope you get the credit for them.... you are worth paying twice for!! keep up the good work!!

      Delete
    3. Oh my!! :) You need to chat with customer service! :) You'll get your money back, no worries!

      You are SO sweet! Thanks again!

      Delete
    4. Totally loving your course!! how come Craftsy didn't think of this before? love it!!

      Delete
  2. Will this be the only class you'll be teaching for the price of $39.99 or will there be additional classes that have to be purchased separately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! Nope...this is it! It's over 3 hours long and is full of all the info I mentioned above. You'll see all my tips and tricks! :) - I have nothing left! :) LOL!!

      Delete
  3. I'm also a Facebook fan of some of the other cake artists on Craftsy. The ones I follow offered discounts if you bought from their links. It appears that you aren't discounting your class. Is that right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what the future may bring! :) - but for the launch it's set for the regular price. I don't have the luxury of books, teaching events or a thriving cake business, so for now, this is it for me! :) I hope you feel it's worth every penny! :) Thanks again!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jessica. I just purchased your Craftsy course and I have already viewed the ganache and crumb coat lesson. I must say that you are doing a great job and I look forward to continuing the class. I will be sharing the link to your class and your blog on my cake decorating blog on Friday. Keep on Caking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! :) You are SO sweet! Thanks for the review!! I just hope it helps tons of people out there!! That is my heart!! I've had my share of failures so it blesses me to be able to help you all out and keep you from making all the same mistakes!!

      Blessings to you!!

      Delete
  5. This class is just like having my prayers answered in a jiffy. I am going to purchase it with out further ado. From the very short preview I saw, I know it has everything that I am looking for.

    Great job Jess, you have done us PROUD ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, I watched all the videos you had up before, more than once; and have just purchased the class so I can watch your lessons in more detail (more than once) :) Thank you for sharing all of your insanely clever tips and techniques. I aspire to make cakes even half as beautiful and perfect as yours. Worth every cent and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica! Congratulations, this is so great! I have been following you since forever and I am just amazed by you work and you're kind of my mentor haha. So imagine my excitement when I opened my email to see that you're featured in craftsy's new decorating course :D I'm enrolling asap, but just wanted to post a little congratulatory comment on your blog! Blessings from NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica, I have always appreciated how generous you have been in freely sharing your techniques... they have helped me tremendously. I will be purchasing your class in the next day or so, it is totally worth it and kudos to you for making this happen. I hope it is a success!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jessica

    congrats on the class! I got an email from Craftsy this morning about it too, so pleased for you :)

    The course looks amazing!! I'm sure it'll be a hit!

    Shel @ Sweet Petite


    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been following your blog for a while now too. Your cakes are amazing! I am buying your craftsy class too. I have a question. I make a lot of cakes covered in buttercream (smbc) with fondant accents. Do you think the wax paper technique would work for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It does work on buttercream too! Just make sure your cake is chilled and nice and firm so you don't imprint anything into it! :)

      Delete
  11. Just pick up your class using your link.... thanks for the head's up and can't wait to get home tonight and view the class. You are truely Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jessica, can I buy the class directly from you? i think from you previous blog post, you said that it is possible to do so.
    and if i bought it, means I will see you teaching cake #2? just want to confirmed :)
    thanks Jess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      You can buy it through Craftsy using this link:

      www.craftsy.com/cakedesign_fp

      They track my links so I get a little marketing bonus! :) Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  13. I use to follow your videos on facebook but when I just now looked I'm no longer seeing them. Did you take them down? If not, could you please share the link to them? I no longer see you in my list of sites I subscribe to there either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah!
      The youtube videos are no longer available because they are now all combined in the Craftsy class. So, if you want to see all those techniques and much more, you can use the link above to head over to Craftsy and get the class. Then you own it for life! :)

      Delete
  14. I joined Craftsy sometime last year when Joshua John Russell was offering his Modern Buttercream class for free. I'm so excited that you've joined the crew too now, I'll definitely be purchasing your classes! YAY! And congratulations to you! Well deserved, your work is beautiful and your lines are so enviably clean, I don't see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find out in the class!! You an TOTALLY do it! - that's why I'm so excited to share the info with everyone!

      Delete
  15. I've been following your blog for quite some time now and love your work so much that I practically know your blog off by heart... I even got some help from you with MMF a while back. I decided to enroll in your class, just to show support, thinking that I already know about what's in the class. Well, I was so pleasantly surprised - it is so well done! You explain things very clearly, and I love how humble you are. I feel my money was very well spent - THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad to hear that!! Thank you so much for supporting me and sending me such a great note of encouragement! :)

      Blessings!!

      Delete
  16. Hi Jessica! Congratulations on the Craftsy class! I just finished watching the whole thing and you were amazing! Thanks so much for your generosity in sharing all your tricks. You've been kind enough to help me out whenever I email you about questions so I am more than happy to support your work. Thank you and may God shower you with more blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Jessica:
    I purchased your class. It's wonderful. Question about the smoothers. Can I use blank stencil sheets instead? Thanks, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Yes...it just needs to be something that's flexible and has a completely flat edge.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Crystal

      Delete
  18. Congrats on your new promotion from GOD! It's the best feeling in the world! I just recieved an email from Craftsy about your class I look forward to signing up. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jessica:
    I truly love your class...you are the bomb!
    Question, can I cover a cake in ganache (it's a lemon cake with a lemon curd filling)and I want to cover the cake with lemon ganache and then a light lemon SWBC frosting...how can I do this. Thanks so much for everything...can't wait for you to do another Craftsy class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :)

      I don't think I'd cover a cake in ganache and then in buttercream. I don't think the buttercream would stick very well to the ganache...and it might potentially slide off in the event of a temperature change. Sorry...but I'd use either ganache or buttercream.

      Delete
  20. Where do you get the awesome cake stands from ? I want to order some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around town and on Amazon (the black one). Blessings.

      Delete